Tuesday, June 23, 2009

that's my stick


Miley loves chew sticks. Well, she's a puppy, so what's not to love about chewing? She refuses to learn to read, but she'll chew on a stick all day. Go figure. One day she was chewing on a stick for hours. Those are tiny teeth, and it literally takes hours to chew up a stick. Finally, she got thirsty from all her effort with the stick, and she trotted off to get a drink. My mischievous streak got the best of me, and I picked up the stick. When she returned, I held it to my mouth and pretended to be chewing on it.

Poor little thing. She was so distraught. She stood there staring at me with those big brown eyes full of shock, head cocked, one foot raised, and trembling from head to tail. I was pretty sure I heard her say, "My stick. That's my stick. Woe is me. My stick."


No comments: