Wednesday, July 8, 2009

so sleepy

Now I lay me down to sleep . . .


. . . and sleep . . .



. . . and sleep . . .



. . . and sleep . . .



. . . and sleep . . .


. . .because it's daytime, and that's what I do during the day. It doesn't matter how light it is, how noisy it is, or what you do to me. I just sleep. Grandma gets obnoxious. She pokes me. I sleep. She prods me. I sleep. She undresses me. Can you believe her? I sleep. She tickles my rib cage, up and down, up and down. I really hate that. I wriggle around, but still . . . I sleep. Then she does this really obnoxious thing. She gets all up in my grill and says, "Gobble, gobble, gobble. I love you, little one. Wake up. Wake up. Gobble, gobble. You're so sweet I could just eat you up." What is this? Is my grandma a cannibal? Anyway, I just sleep.

Yes, I just sleep. I'm a very talented sleeper. . .until nighttime. Then I'm all about finding out about the world. I open my eyes wide and look all around. I call out for company cuz I don't like to be alone. Oh look! There's Grandma. She must be on night duty tonight. Why does she look so sleepy?


No comments: