Sunday, July 26, 2009

ten seconds



I usually see my teenage daughter for about five seconds when she gets up before she leaves to go somewhere and then for about another five seconds before she goes to bed. I might be exaggerating a little bit. And actually sometimes I get lucky and see her for a couple hours in between there while she and her friends choose to hang out at our house, but for the most part she's a busy little girl who flits through my eyelids occasionally. So you would think that it wouldn't be a big deal if she went away for the weekend. Well, that's what she has done. My little girl is away for the weekend to a concert and then a mad shopping spree with her sister. And here I am in boring central all by myself. Don't get me wrong, I actually really like solo time. I get lots done, but I really miss her.

And just exactly what am I supposed to do with those ten seconds that I would have spent with her?


5 comments:

Riss said...

Plus, I've been too busy to come visit :(

lichelle said...

I know. I'm a total loser loner.

Unknown said...

Oh mom! I am coming for a week of mother daughter time!

danielle said...

oh mommy. i'm back! where are you!?

Happy Tabby said...

I think I need to come over, I miss you mommy!!! I haven't been over in a long while. How about this Friday?? Or Saturday! Most likely Friday :D That's sooner!
-Lots of Love, Your Adopted Daughter, Tabby ;D