Wednesday, November 18, 2009

what should we do today?

Chamine sometimes knocks over the kitchen garbage and savagely rummages through it for tidbits of tasty morsels. I’ve taken to putting a chair in front of the garbage at night if I think that there might be anything remotely temptingly tasty smelling to her. But I never saw this one coming. I got up this morning and found this:

SOS pads snatched from the kitchen cupboard and shredded on the floor


Who would’ve thought? In your wildest dreams, would you have imagined she’d munch on SOS pads? I wouldn’t have. What I figure is she was just trying to brush her teeth. Good girl, Chamine.


Not to be outdone by this display of good hygiene, Miley had ideas of her own this morning. I was happily (not so) cleaning the bathroom, when I heard a romping around in the bedroom. There was no noise, no barking or mild growling, which usually accompanies a Miley/Chamine romp. To satisfy my curiosity, I went to check it out. Miley was rollicking with a precious little scorpion, pawing it around like you might see a cat do with a mouse. Yikes! I had a cloth in my hand—not a fly swatter, not a shoe, not a brick—a cloth, and that scorpion was scurrying for cover under the dresser. I couldn’t let it get away! I slapped it around with the cloth. Poor cloth got stung several times, and I’m pretty sure it’s currently gasping for its last breath as it convulses out its final nerve spasms of death.




So good job, girls, brushing your teeth, scouting out venomous creatures. Now, what should we do tomorrow?




3 comments:

Shauntel said...

Okay seriously? A scorpion?

What. The. Heck.

Chamine, on the other hand, knows exactly what she's doing. She always reasons for her behavior. In this case, I think you're right. She had sweater teeth.

Good girl Tuss. Strange girl Miles.

Shauntel said...

She always *has* reasons.

I can't stand errors.

lichelle said...

Yes, a very lively scorpion too. Right after I killed it, I got online and googled scorpion stings and dogs to find out if I should be scared. I don't think she got stung though. She would have cried like a baby if she did.