Sunday, January 10, 2010

doggie booties

Remember when I talked about Christmas stockings for the dogs? I wasn't kidding. They really got stuffed stockings. Here's my daughter, Noodle, showing Chamine and Miley their gifts. They were really excited, sniffing like they were professional bomb sniffing dogs and they'd just discovered the mother lode.

And in Miley's stocking, were these four very adorable booties. Don't laugh. This is for real. See she has this nice fur coat, but her little toesies get cold when we walk. At least that's what I thought. She doesn't complain or shiver or anything like that. I just thought it would be a very nice thing for a mother to do to put socks on her child's bare feet when she takes her for a walk.


So yesterday I got these warm, comfy booties out for their maiden voyage around the block and began to place them on Miley's feet. She wiggled a bit at first, but then she succumbed to my authority and allowed the procedure. It wasn't too bad, and pretty soon I had secured all four booties. I let her go, and this is what I saw.

I guess she wasn't a big fan. Apparently, as I was putting them on, she was kicking them off. I tried, Miley. I guess you'll have to have frozen toes.


No comments: